Monday, August 18, 2014

Bruges Day 2

Had breakfast this morning at the hotel with the rest of our group still in Bruges.  Brenda, Dorrie,  and Marietta set off for Paris, and Doug and I hit the streets for shopping.  It was very successful for Doug, as he now has a very European look.  I ended up with a t-shirt and some shoes, but nothing that screams unique.  The best purchase of the day?  An umbrella!   I can't be sure, but the weather here may change more than Seattle!   I've never taken my jacket off and on more often than I did today...just sayin'.  We returned to Rose Red for happy hour before returning to our room to freshen up for dinner.   Doug needed to change into his new outfit...which I admit was pretty hot (sorry, no pics to share).  All he needs is the suave foreign accent...right?, er...I mean eh?   I've included a few pics of our day, including happy hour, our disaster of a room and a selfie out our hotel room window.  We headed to dinner at in den Wittenkop, which was very good.  The kitchen was upstairs so all dishes went up and down via dumbwaiter.  Two young french kids ran the dining room very well.  According to a sign outside,  this place was recommended by Rick Steves. And if we haven't eaten enough this week,  we finished of the evening at the candy store, purchasing a local fruit gum drop kind of candy.  We have decided not to travel to Venice, since the time frame is too tight.  We will be heading with Gail and Mark tomorrow to the hub of Brussels via train, and then decide where to head next.  Until then...zie je later!


No comments:

Post a Comment