Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Great day of non-riding! - Zierikzee

I stayed on the Elodie today with a few other riders.   We all agreed it was a good decision.  The sun was out and it was a beautiful day for sailing, however it was still windy.  I stayed aboard with Gail, Mark, Jay, Theresa, George and Shirley.  After lunch, Jay and Shirley decided to join the rest of the cyclists for the last 12 miles.  I opted to stay aboard, arrived in Zierikzee at 3pm and strolled the town...so cute!  We headed back to the boat at 5:15-ish to join the bikers arriving.  They were pretty wiped out and I was glad I had a real vacation day.  After another great dinner and happy hour, we ventured to a local windmill and into town.  I am posting this from Red Cafe De Banjaard, right across the street from where the Elodie is moored.  Here is a pic of Sander, helping guide us through the locks.  I forgot to say that the boat is having engine trouble and we're not sure what the plan is for tomorrow.  More on that later.  Here is our day...

No comments:

Post a Comment