Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Day 3 on the Elodie - Dordrecht

We are back on the barge now after a 54K ride.  That equates to about 35 miles.  I am proud I made it again, since I'm not an avid cyclist, however it was really tough for me again.  The headwind is insane for me...blowing about 34 mph.  It completely zapped my energy as well as my spirits.   It would definitely help training or preparing better ahead of time...duh!  At one point, we were pelted with hail.  That was right before my prior post.  All of my comrades are in much better cycling shape and have fallen back to keep me company and give me pep talks.  Love my girl Gail, who is about par with myself.  I think I will take tomorrow off and stay on the barge and sightsee when we arrive in the next town.  Doug is obviously doing great, at the front of the pack and keeping everyone entertained. 
We just finished dinner prepared by our wonderful chef Sander.  Now we are enjoying wine and will probably head into town for a walk.  Here are some pics of the day...


No comments:

Post a Comment